Information about how we store and use data
We take our responsibilities with how we handle your personal information very seriously so we keep under constant review the information we collect to ensure that it is secure and required. When information no longer needs to be stored we will remove it from our systems.
This document relates to Motor Products Online who will ultimately be the holder of this information.
What information do we collect?
• Contact details
• Information about your business such as your current website, what you do, where you are located.
• How you arrived at our website such as by clicking on a one of our adverts or a link from another site.
• Your usage of our website such as the pages you looked at.
Why we collect this information
• Website usage information and information about how you arrived at the site allows us to optimise our website to provide the easiest process for you to find what you are looking for.
• Knowing the ways people arrive on our site helps us make better use of our marketing spend so we can avoid ineffective ways of promoting our business and therefore keep our prices down for you.
• Your contact information is required so we can send you information about your services e.g new products, special offers
How do we secure the information?
• We store your information on our servers which are located within the EU and provided by Amazon Web Services.
• All traffic between our website and you is done over secured SSL connections meaning that no one can intercept anything you send us e.g. when you log into your site
• The data is physically secured within Amazon's data centres.
• Access to your information is limited to only essential personnel.
Who do we share the information with?
Information we collect is only every shared with third-parties for our own purposes. This means we use services which help us communicate with you e.g. email sending services, but we will never share your information so another company can contact you. The information is held by Motor Products Online.
• For email marketing we use a service called Mailchimp. We include information such as the services we provide you in that information so we can ensure that correct and relevant emails are sent to you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies in general , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser?
You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note blocking cookies can result in unexpected results when using a website.
What cookies do you store on my browser?
Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
• Cookies which store click ids for clicks which have come from our marketing sources.
• Cookies to ensure you retain special offers you might have received
• Cookies left by Google's Analytics software which helps us monitor traffic levels on our website
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.
Address: 549 Oxford Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 1HJ
Call: 01635 37159 / 07836 687098